Since 2010 Svenska Spel has had an age limit of 18 for all products in all of our sales channels. At Casino Cosmopol, however, the age limit is 20 in accordance with the Swedish Casinos Act.
The purpose of these age limits is to minimise gambling by minors, as research tells us that the younger you are when you start gambling, the greater your risk of developing gambling problems.
Here are a few important tips that you should bear in mind if you are a parent who gambles:
1. Never leave children unattended by the computer while it is logged into a gambling program.
2. Use passwords to protect gambling programs.
3. Do not let children under the age of 18 take part in any kinds of games for money.
4. Keep your user names, passwords and payment methods at svenskaspel.se secret and out of the reach of children.
5. To prevent minors from logging in and gambling without your knowledge, you can use software to block gambling sites for those under the age of 18, for example Betfilter.
6. Do not let children sit with you while you are gambling and let them, for example, press a button or choose a horse. Also avoid talking to the child about issues relating to the outcome of the game or saying, for example, that you were lucky and won, as this can give the child the wrong idea about luck and the effect of skill on gambling instead of chance.
7. Do not combine children and gambling. Gambling is for your “adult time”. If you are around children or have children close by, spend time with them and avoid, for example, playing online casino games or online poker at the same time.